FEED partnered with the Young Earthsavers’ Society (YES) in 2017, to support their environmental advocacies and leadership, and to involve YES members in FEED’s various Ridge to Reef planting programs.
YES is an allied student organization of the Institute of Environmental Studies (IES) of the Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University-North La Union Campus (DMMMSU-NLUC) – which is also an institutional scholarship beneficiary of FEED.
YES leads in valuing the environment and natural resources through committed voluntary services and active leadership. It is envisioned to empower youth geared towards environmental protection, conservation and restoration for sustainable development.
Objectives of the organization are the following:
- Achieve an ecologically-sound and sustainable environment;
- Inculcate environmental citizenship among the members and community stakeholders;
- Constructively engage members in the different environmental endeavors; and
- Empower members to become environmental leaders.
- 16 November 2019, La Union, Surfing Capital of the North. Mid-August, when most students in the Philippines started returning to their new academic year, FEED received an email from “Nina” (Gianina Moira D. Antonio), the Associate Vice President for Bioactivism … Continue reading
- 13 December 2018, Urbiztondo, San Juan, La Union. The idea of this first ever La Union Legends Surf Competition 2018 (“LEGENDS CUP”) originated from various informal exchanges between La Union Surf Club, Inc. (LUSC) Events Team and the Elders and … Continue reading
- Article produced courtesy (thank you!) Camille Pilar, Writer/Editor at LU Soul & Kudo Surf Community; Writer at Writing True; and co-creator of Clean Beach. 10 Nov 2018, Urbiztondo Beach, San Juan, La Union. A group of 93 students from the … Continue reading
Contact Young Earthsavers Society
For more information or to contact YES, visit: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Young-Earthsavers-Society-DMMMSU-NLUC-1861610684153907/about/?ref=page_internal