“Ophie & Friends Sing GREEN: A Musical Tribute to Education & Environment” (2015)
FEED Partners with Manila Symphony Orchestra (MSO) and Southeastern College for a “Musical Tribute to Education & the Environment”, on November 25, 2015 @ the Ayala Museum (Makati Avenue cor. De La Rosa St), from 6-9PM.
- Thank and honor various groups and individuals who played and continue to play an active role in the advocacy and practice of promoting education & environmental care for all;
- Raise awareness on the importance and impact of environmental preservation & conservation efforts, by sharing music and inspiring messages about the environment, love of nature and leadership in action;
- Target fundraising of PHP1mln or more for FEED’s Living Legacy programs by engaging organizations and individuals with an authentic and active desire to further Social Responsibility support in whatever way they can.
- Highlight the stories, successes and challenges of working in sustainable development, education & environment in partnership and collaboration with other community partners.
The Ayala Museum has graciously offered their venue in kind.
Other Friends, Patrons & Partners of FEED will be featured alongside Fides Cuyugan-Asensio, one of the most outstanding sopranos and musical personalities of the Philippines, also offered her magical voice to sing: “Nature’s Boy” and “Summertime”. At various times she was actress, librettist, lyricist, pedagogue, producer and director. She is currently Professor Emeritus at the University of the Philippines Voice and Music Theater/Dance Department. Fides received the National People’s Choice Award for “Grand Achievement Award in Theater Arts”, and was conferred the Lifetime Achievement Award for her outstanding achievements in music by the Philippine Government.
This Musical Tribute also highlights the role of education and youth leadership, and will feature Southeastern College (SEC), Philippines Children’s Choir who have composed their own personalized renditions of “We are the World” and “Paraiso“.
President of FEED, Mrs. Ophie Bakker-Mananquil says:
“We are so honored to work with the MSO, Ayala Museum and SEC. Our volunteer performers are professional and volunteer singers and practitioners with a heart – all of whom are making an incredible effort to communicate their voices, time and talents to this cause.”
Full proceeds of this 2015 Musical Tribute to Education & the Environment will be allocated directly to the continued strengthening of FEED’s sustainability mission, including tree-planting programs, education, research and livelihood projects in the fields of agriculture, environmental sciences and forestry.
Ultimately, FEED aspires to organize this fundraising event annually by nurturing more active and strengthened relations and partnership in various segments of society, to cultivate and inspire more leadership and action through inviting captains of their respective industries who are active proponents of education & environment initiatives. It is our hope to inspire more environmental leaders in various professional fields.
Click here for the Musical Tribute Program: “Program – Musical Tribute to Education and the Environment (25 Nov 2015)“.
Sponsorship Packages: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +63 (0)917 552 4722.
Tickets are available at:
- Selected major National Book Store branches in Metro Manila
- Selected major Robinsons Department Stores in Metro Manila & in major Cities
- Ayala Malls – Greenbelt 1 and Trinoma Cinema Box Office
- Resort World Manila Box Office
- TicketWorld Head Office – Ayala Avenue
- TicketWorld Website: https://www.ticketworld.com.ph/Online/ophie
- Call +63 (02) 891-9999 for inquiries and reservations.
- Hotlines: GLOBE +63-917-550-6997 SMART +63-999-954-5922
A total of 1.4 million hectares of plantation forest was established with the 1991 Forestry Master Plan, which aims to have additional plantations of about 3 million hectares by 2015.The concert is dedicated to the many tireless efforts of other green actors around the world, known and unknown, who continue to work hard to raise awareness, conserve, preserve and protect the very sustainance of life on our planet – for the benefit of all living creatures and a better future.
Dedicated to raising funds for the protection of the Philippine environment, through tree planting programs and research into agriculture, environmental sciences and forestry, FEED carries out its mission in partnership with the public and private sector, individual donors, volunteers and friends who care for the restoration of our forests and the protection of Philippine biodiversity, community development and the promotion of sustainable agricultural and food systems.
Sponsors, Patrons & Partners
- Venue: Ayala Museum
- Media: Philippine Star & Munting Nayon
- Chorale: Southeastern College Children’s Choir
- Orchestra: Manila Symphony Orchestra
- Voice Advisor: Fides Cuyugan-Asensio
- Vocal Coach & Tenor: Lorenzo
- Artistic Direction & Tenor: Joshua Tiu
- Costumes: Patis Tesoro, Dita Sandico-Ong, Auggie Cordero
- Raffle: Tanlak Beach Resort & Dive Center, Anilao
- Florist: CMD Flowers & Evergreen Co.
- Cocktails & Canapés: Via Mare
© FEED, Inc.