31 December 2021, Siniloan, Laguna, Sierra Madre Mountain Range. Looking forward to another amazing year in 2022, FEED received it’s first order for 5000 trees from EcoMatcher Ltd. in Hong Kong well before midnight on the 31st of December – which is when we decided to count not only the record volume of 65,000 trees planting for a record year by any single donor partner of FEED, but also our blessings for a strengthened partnership built on trust, reliability and authenticity of pursuit in our joint contributions towards sustainable development.
It means the world to our forest rangers, families, barangays/villages and foresters on the ground, who are the actual guardians of our forests; along with the local communities, researchers, students, volunteers and other corporate partners who battle even the heaviest winds often to ensure their contribution towards climate change solutions, especially having come out of surviving the latest pandemic completely changed and closer to nature.
On our communities behalves, FEED is very grateful to EcoMatcher and all our partners who braved also lockdown and movement restrictions, limited budgets and other survival resources, and significant ties cut from families, friends and colleagues also going through their own struggles.
To date, EcoMatcher and FEED’s other individual, corporate and NGO partners, buttressed by the insurmountable resilience and reliability of our community-based forest guardians – are growing to the rising demand and urgent need for eocsystem restoration on all fronts: from Ridge to Reef and for all living creatures dependent on each other in this connected Earth.
Thank you EcoMatcher and partners for putting your trust in our Living Legacies that we know will continue to impact positively on everyone’s efforts – no matter how great or small, every tree matters, and every one who plants for a greener and more sustainable future for generations to come.
About EcoMatcher Ltd.
FEED has been planting with EcoMatcher since 2017 under FEED’s LIVING LEGACY program, and all we can say is thank you and more power to your advocacy. You have reached clients from around the world as far as France and the US to enable us to restore the Sierra Madres to her original glory.
An additional and increasingly in-demand feature of EcoMatcher’s tree-plantings include the capturing of individual tree-specific images, farmers/foresters/community planters names, mobile numbers and Global Positioning System (GPS) tags, using EcoMatcher’s unique TreeCorder application – which enables those who adopted these trees through EcoMatcher with FEED to remotely monitor your tree, from anywhere in the world.
- 30,000 Trees Grow at EcoMatcher’s Sierra Madre Forest (27 Aug 2020)
- EcoMatcher Adds 3000 Totalling 27,500 Trees to Their Sierra Madre Forest (28 Jul 2020)
- “We Plant as One!” – Another 3,000 Trees Added to Grow EcoMatcher’s 24,500 Sierra Madre Protected Forest Reserve (26 Mar 2020)
- 4,000 Trees Planted for EcoMatcher’s Now 21,500 Forest Reserve in Sierra Madres (27 Feb 2020)
- 3,000 Native Trees Added to Reach 17,500 by EcoMatcher – Single Highest CSR Contributor to Sierra Madre Reforestation Efforts with FEED & UPLB (22 Feb 2020)
- EcoMatcher Adds 3,000 Trees in 2020 to Expand their Sierra Madre Forest – 14,500 Trees Since 2017 – (21 Jan 2020)
- EcoMatcher Sponsors Another 1,000 Trees in Sierra Madres with GPS Coordinates per Tree (3 Oct 2019)
- EcoMatcher Adopts Another 2,000 Tree Forest to Help Protect Earth (8 Sep 2019)
- EcoMatcher Nears 10,000 “Living Legacy” Trees to Reforest the Sierra Madres (4 Aug 2019)
- EcoMatcher Plants Another 1000 Tree Forest in Sierra Madres for Our Better World (19 Jul 2019)
- EcoMatcher Boosts 3000 Native Philippine Forest Trees to Sierra Madres with GPS Tag (15 Jun 2019)
- EcoMatcher Restores 2,500 Indigenous Philippine Trees to the Sierra Madre Mountains (29 Oct 2017)
- EcoMatcher’s First 1000 Philippine Indigenous Trees Planted with FEED (25 Mar 2017)
- About EcoMatcher a & FEED
More and more companies are starting to realize that climate change and sustainability is a business opportunity, not a burden. Customers and employees are demanding action. Companies, however, need trustworthy partners that offer transparent sustainability solutions
Welcome to EcoMatcher
Through EcoMatcher, companies can plant trees, use them in innovative ways and improve their businesses. For example, companies can use the EcoMatcher platform to gift trees they plant on behalf of the customers, or plant a whole forest and distribute the trees to each of their employees, or gift trees as a reward for finalizing a survey. The possibilities are endless.
So how we do that?
We partner with vetted foundations from around the world that specialize in tree planting. Through our platform, you have access to information about every tree you plant, and you can tap on cool digital technologies to make the best use of the trees you have planted. We cannot change the world by ourselves, however with a bigger team effort we can make a difference, while improving our businesses at the same time.
More here: https://www.ecomatcher.com/
NATURE IS SPEAKING (Narrated by Julia Roberts)
What can I do to stop climate change?
“As the world warms, extreme weather events are becoming more frequent and intense, sea levels are rising, prolonged droughts are putting pressure on food crops, and many animal and plant species are being driven to extinction. It’s hard to imagine what we as individuals can do to resolve a problem of this scale and severity.
The good news: We are not alone. People, communities, cities, businesses, schools, faith groups and other organizations are taking action. We’re fighting like our lives depend on it — because they do.
In a world of more than seven billion people, each of us is a drop in the bucket. But with enough drops, we can fill any bucket.” – David Suzuki
In 2015, the Philippine government submitted to the United Nations the country’s commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The country committed to reduce its carbon emissions by 70 percent by 2030. The carbon dioxide reductions will come from the sectors of energy, transport, waste, forestry and industry.
Join us! Help us reverse the Earth’s “hothouse climate” tipping point.
Tree-Planting with FEED
© Fostering Education & Environment for Development, Inc.