27 August 2020, Laguna Quezon Land Grant, Siniloan, Laguna. Following EcoMatcher’s last planting of 3,000 trees last July 2020, they followed up with another 3,000 for their cumulative totalling 30,000 in their Sierra Madre forest located at Laguna Quezon Land Grant in Siniloan, Laguna – becoming the single largest contribution of trees from a single partner of FEED’s.
FEED partnered with EcoMatcher in 2017 to enhance the scalability of tree planting efforts in the Philippines. More and more companies start to realize that climate change and being sustainable is a business opportunity, not a burden. Customers and employees demand action. Companies though need trustworthy partners offering transparent sustainability solutions.
Despite of the lockdown EcoMatcher and the 7 out of 25 permanent Forest Guard EcoWarriors were proud to add carbon sequestration capacity to the southern part of Sierra Madre Mountain Range, knowing that now more than ever the forest is essential to our sustenance and life on our one home Planet Earth. “We plant as one!” they proclaim.
EcoMatcher partners with vetted foundations from around the world specialized in tree planting supporting smallholder farmers.
Through tree planting, not only the livelihoods of the farmers are improved. As trees are planted in tropical climates and have leaves all year round, carbon is being sequestered all year round as well.
GPS Coordinates (to follow)
Use any GPS (Global Positioning System) software / applications to input the latitude and longitude coordinates to be able to remotely see the location of your trees planted. Some examples include:
About EcoMatcher Ltd.
FEED has been planting with EcoMatcher since 2017 under FEED’s LIVING LEGACY program, and all we can say is thank you and more power to your advocacy. You have reached clients from around the world as far as France and the US to enable us to restore the Sierra Madres to her original glory.
An additional and increasingly in-demand feature of EcoMatcher’s tree-plantings include the capturing of individual tree-specific images, farmers/foresters/community planters names, mobile numbers and Global Positioning System (GPS) tags, using EcoMatcher’s unique TreeCorder application – which enables those who adopted these trees through EcoMatcher with FEED to remotely monitor your tree, from anywhere in the world.
- EcoMatcher Adds 3000 Totalling 27,500 Trees to Their Sierra Madre Forest (28 Jul 2020)
- “We Plant as One!” – Another 3,000 Trees Added to Grow EcoMatcher’s 24,500 Sierra Madre Protected Forest Reserve (26 Mar 2020)
- 4,000 Trees Planted for EcoMatcher’s Now 21,500 Forest Reserve in Sierra Madres (27 Feb 2020)
- 3,000 Native Trees Added to Reach 17,500 by EcoMatcher – Single Highest CSR Contributor to Sierra Madre Reforestation Efforts with FEED & UPLB (22 Feb 2020)
- EcoMatcher Adds 3,000 Trees in 2020 to Expand their Sierra Madre Forest – 14,500 Trees Since 2017 – (21 Jan 2020)
- EcoMatcher Sponsors Another 1,000 Trees in Sierra Madres with GPS Coordinates per Tree (3 Oct 2019)
- EcoMatcher Adopts Another 2,000 Tree Forest to Help Protect Earth (8 Sep 2019)
- EcoMatcher Nears 10,000 “Living Legacy” Trees to Reforest the Sierra Madres (4 Aug 2019)
- EcoMatcher Plants Another 1000 Tree Forest in Sierra Madres for Our Better World (19 Jul 2019)
- EcoMatcher Boosts 3000 Native Philippine Forest Trees to Sierra Madres with GPS Tag (15 Jun 2019)
- EcoMatcher Restores 2,500 Indigenous Philippine Trees to the Sierra Madre Mountains (29 Oct 2017)
- EcoMatcher’s First 1000 Philippine Indigenous Trees Planted with FEED (25 Mar 2017)
- About EcoMatcher a & FEED
More and more companies are starting to realize that climate change and sustainability is a business opportunity, not a burden. Customers and employees are demanding action. Companies, however, need trustworthy partners that offer transparent sustainability solutions
Welcome to EcoMatcher
Through EcoMatcher, companies can plant trees, use them in innovative ways and improve their businesses. For example, companies can use the EcoMatcher platform to gift trees they plant on behalf of the customers, or plant a whole forest and distribute the trees to each of their employees, or gift trees as a reward for finalizing a survey. The possibilities are endless.
So how we do that?
We partner with vetted foundations from around the world that specialize in tree planting. Through our platform, you have access to information about every tree you plant, and you can tap on cool digital technologies to make the best use of the trees you have planted. We cannot change the world by ourselves, however with a bigger team effort we can make a difference, while improving our businesses at the same time.
More here: https://www.ecomatcher.com/
NATURE IS SPEAKING (Narrated by Julia Roberts)
What can I do to stop climate change?
“As the world warms, extreme weather events are becoming more frequent and intense, sea levels are rising, prolonged droughts are putting pressure on food crops, and many animal and plant species are being driven to extinction. It’s hard to imagine what we as individuals can do to resolve a problem of this scale and severity.
The good news: We are not alone. People, communities, cities, businesses, schools, faith groups and other organizations are taking action. We’re fighting like our lives depend on it — because they do.
In a world of more than seven billion people, each of us is a drop in the bucket. But with enough drops, we can fill any bucket.” – David Suzuki
In 2015, the Philippine government submitted to the United Nations the country’s commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The country committed to reduce its carbon emissions by 70 percent by 2030. The carbon dioxide reductions will come from the sectors of energy, transport, waste, forestry and industry.
Join us! Help us reverse the Earth’s “hothouse climate” tipping point.
Tree-Planting with FEED
© Fostering Education & Environment for Development, Inc.