5-6 February 2015, San Fernando, La Union. The implementation of the training course entitled “Watershed Management & Climate Change” was held at the City Hall of San Fernando city, La Union and the Quiaoit Watershed in Batac, Ilocos Norte – as the second of three training courses for stakeholders of the Baroro Watershed.
Special thanks to the following:
- University of the Philippines, Los Baños (UPLB) Prof. Dr. Rex Cruz, Asst Prof. Dr. Vida Carandang, Dr. Wilfredo M. Carandang (CFNR) and Catherine de Luna, (CFNR).
- Hon. Congressman Victor Ortega, Mdme. Mary Jane and Rica Regala extended to the organization of the training
- Staff (Chad, Agnes, Elmer) from the City of San Fernando, who were very supportive during the entire day of February 5th
- Jacob Bakker, Chairman of FEED, who traveled from Makati to grace the opening program, despite his busy schedule
- All the municipal and city mayors, who provided for the local transport of the participants from their areas to the City of San Fernando
- Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University (DMMMSU), for lending their bus for the comfortable travel of the participants
- Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU), through their Vice President for Research and Extension, Dr. Nathan Alibuyog and his staff, for the well-coordinated and informative field visit
- Mayor Divina Velasco and team for empowering Municipal Agricultural Officer (MAO) of San Gabriel, Riza Quiros, to help in the implementation of the course
This project was also enabled by the Asia Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN), for the “Collaborative Monitoring System for Enhanced Watershed Management in the Philippines” – Baroro, hosted by five municipalities and one city, namely: San Gabriel, San Juan, Santol, Bagulin, Bacnotan and San Fernando.
Implementing Agencies include:
- Provincial Local Government Unit (LGU) of San Fernando
- Provincial Environment & Natural REsources Office (DENR)
- Fostering Education & Environment for Development (FEED)
- Colllege of Forestry & Natural Resources, UPLB
- City Government of San Fernando
- Municipality of San Gabriel
- Municipality of Bacnotan
- Municipality of Baguilin
- Municipality of San Juan
- Municipality of Santol
- City Government of San Fernando, La Union
- Office of the Honorable Congressman Victor Ortega, 1st District of La Union
- Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
© FEED, Inc. 2015-2017.