Corporate Social Responsibility
Under FEED’s Living Legacy community & stakeholder outreach program, FEED supports scholars pursuing practical, application-based research in environmental and related sciences, adopting projects, research and initiatives that have an immediate and long-term sustainable impact on marginalised communities.
What is CSR?
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR, also called ‘corporate conscience’, ‘corporate citizenship’ or ‘responsible business’) is a form of corporate self-regulation integrated into a business model. CSR policy functions as a self-regulatory mechanism whereby a business monitors and ensures its active compliance with the spirit of the law, ethical standards and national or international norms. With some models, a firm’s implementation of CSR goes beyond compliance and engages in “actions that appear to further some social good, beyond the interests of the firm and that which is required by law”.
With direct access to CSR and sustainability experts, expertise and knowledge from around the world, FEED also takes its guidance from the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), an independent, non-profit organisation that provides practical solutions to the challenge of integrating environmental and social priorities with economic development.
FEED and partners together provide various CSR/Sustainability products and services to organisations at any stage of incorporating CSR into their respective operations, policies and practices:
- Conducting CSR assessments
- Developing CSR strategies
- Defining CSR commitments
- Aligning with key international CSR initiatives of governmental or intergovernmental bodies
- Implementing CSR commitments
- Monitoring, reporting and verifying progress
- Evaluating and improving CSR programs
- Identifying stakeholders and designing appropriate engagement mechanisms
- Designing relevant stakeholder processes
- Commencing and maintaining stakeholder dialogues
- Delivering on commitments and community engagements
CSR as Part of a Holistic Approach to Market Engagement & Sustainability
“CSR implementation in policy and practice are considered only one of many aspects of a comprehensive multi-stakeholder effort to improve environmental and social conditions and prevent harm. The complementary actions of all sectors of society – governments, non-governmental organizations, citizens and others – are also necessary.” Source: http://www.iisd.org/pdf/2007/csr_guide.pdf
Applied to its selection of partners and affiliates, FEED also aligns itself with other global standards to guide its operations, a.o.:
- The UN Global Compact Principles;
- The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Guideline; and
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards.
Click here to learn more about or join FEED’s Ongoing CSR Engagements: https://feed.org.ph/csr/ongoing-csr/ or contact Anne @ FEED to organize your own CSR activity with FEED: email@example.com or via mobile +63 (0)917 552 4722.
(c) FEED, Inc.